1. Heat some blended oil in a large pot over medium heat; when shimmering, add vegetables and bay leaves and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have sweated, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until alcohol has cooked off.
2. Pour in stock, tomatoes, paprika, and salt & pepper to taste; bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, and skimming foam occasionally, until rice is tender, about 40-50 minutes. Add honey. (REMOVE SOUP NOW IF VEGAN[ TASTE FOR SEASONING; ADJUST AS NEEDED])
3. Puree soup with shrimp, then strain through a chinois. Place any remaining solids in blender with heavy cream and puree until smooth; add back into the soup. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Adjust consistency if necessary to a soup-like consistency.
For Tarragon Pesto:
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spread garlic cloves on a sheet tray in a single layer. Roast until lightly browned and fragrant, but not fully cooked.
2. Fill a large stock pot with water and bring to a boil; blanch herbs for 10 seconds; shock in ice water and squeeze/drain well, then place in salad spinner to remove any excess water.
3. Puree garlic, olive oil, cashews, lemon zest & juice, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste until well combined. Add tarragon, arugula, and parsley and blend until fully incorporated but not chunky. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Refrigerate.